Dear colleagues, friends and participants,
We are pleased to invite you to the joint meeting of the the 5th International Vet-Istanbul Group Congress and 8th International Scientific Meeting “DAYS OF VETERINARY MEDICINE 2018” which will be held in Ohrid, R. of Macedonia, from 23th to 27th September, 2018. Ohrid is a small touristic city situated on the hilly shores of Lake Ohrid in the southwest of Republic of Macedonia with most profound cultural history of human kind.
This year, we’ll be honored to host both meetings, aiming to encourage scientific and academic cooperation among researchers and Veterinary Educational Establishments (VEE) partners, by promoting different aspects of veterinary medicine and their value for the public good.
The event is intended to be attractive for all researchers, veterinary practitioners, official veterinarians, professors, PhD and post-doctoral students, offering a great opportunity to discuss the challenges and ongoing issues in the veterinary education and science.
The meeting will retain the usual popular format, including a number of invited plenary lectures, short presentations and poster presentations. The scientific program will comprise a number of professionally delivered presentations, selected by the Committee based on scientific importance and novelty on the following topics: animal health, animal welfare and reproduction, as well as public health and food safety.
We sincerely hope that this will be a unique opportunity for you to present your recent research work and results. Additionally, through the networking events and created intellectual atmosphere you will be able to meet, discuss and exchange ideas with your new and old colleagues in different fields. Briefly, these days will open new horizons and fulfill your work with ideas, friends and enjoyment.
We look forward to welcome you in Ohrid this year!
The Organizing Committee,
Joint International Scientific Meeting
Vet-Istanbul Group & Days of veterinary medicine
The Student Parliament of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (SPFVM) in organization supported by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Skopje (FVMS), has successfully realized the event “VETERINIJADA-2018” which was held by the period from 04.07 until 07.07 July 2018 in the Congress Centre of the University Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Ohrid, R.Macedonia.
On this event there were students from the Veterinary Faculties of Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Turkey along with their professors.
On “Veterinijada 2018” there were organized educational sessions with lectures that were presented by professors from our faculty:
- Ass. Slobodеn Čokrevski, MSc – “The OIE Day One Competence Standard and Veterinary Education”
- Ass. Prof. Branko Atanasov, PhD – “Estrus synchronization at animals-impact of animal production”
- Miroslav Radevski, DVM – “Who is my patient? The question of One Health!”
- Ass. Prof. Mirko Prodanov, PhD – “The impact of animal welfare on the quality of the meat”
After every lecture, the students worked in groups on the interactive educational workshops connected with the theme of the lecture with main goal of increasing their knowledge about the themes that were discussed.
Sports activities like football, basketball and volleyball were indivisible part of Veterinijada 2018, and at the end of every match, the very best team was rewarded with a trophy.
The event was embellished with tremendous number of social activities for the students and professors.
We, the students of the Student Parliament of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (SPFVM), express our deep gratitude and respect to the management of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Skopje and our professors for the enormous support.
Student activities will CONTINUE TO PROGRESS…!!!
– Basic admission requirements and criteria
Right for enrollment into doctoral studies have persons who have completed relevant study
programs that meet the following basic criteria:
• completed second cycle studies in line with the European Credit Transfer System (hereinafter:
• completed graduate studies before the introduction of the European Credit Transfer System.
For these candidates, 60 credits of research training and education shall be recognized;
• Professional qualification according to study programs for regulated professions with at least
300 ECTS credits;
• an average grade of at least 8,00 for all subjects of the previous completed higher education, (I
and II studies, i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate);
• Knowledge of one of the world languages. Required certificate:
– Certificate issued by the Faculty of Philology “Blaze Koneski” in Skopje (not older than
five years) or
– International certificate (not older than five years) or
– Undergraduate studies (first cycle) or postgraduate studies (second cycle), completed in
one of the world’s languages.
* for more info regarding admission requirements and criteria per study program, please contact
the Doctoral school
– Selection of candidates
After the application deadlines, council of the study programs will announce preliminary ranking
list of applicants admitted to doctoral studies, for each study program or subprogram separately.
For applicants who will not qualify for enrollment into doctoral studies, council of the study
programs will announce a separate list.
Lists will be published on the website of the School of Doctoral Studies.
Applicants have the right to appeal the list within 36 hours.
The complaints should be submitted in the School of Doctoral Studies in writing and addressed
to the Council of the study program.
The Council of the study program adopts the final decision within 36 hours.
After the complaints procedure, the Council of the study program, shall make the final list of
admitted candidates within 5 days and shall proceed with the decision upon the final list to the
Council for doctoral studies for confirmation. The confirmed final list by the Council for
doctoral studies is final.
The confirmed final lists shall be published on the website of the School of Doctoral Studies.
– Application Requirements
For applying to the Call, the following documents should be submitted.
• application form;
• a letter of motivation noting the area of research and proposal for a mentor from the list of
• preliminary approval from the chosen potential mentor;
• documents that prove fulfillment of the requirements for registration, such as:
– Transcript of the first cycle of studies or undergraduate studies
– Transcript of the second cycle of studies or postgraduate studies
– Diploma of first cycle studies of undergraduate studies
– Diploma of second cycle of studies or postgraduate studies
– Certificate / Certificate of knowledge of world language under the conditions in Chapter II,
paragraph 1, line 5;
– Applicants who completed his/her secondary school, undergraduate (first cycle) or/and
postgraduate (second cycle) abroad, must submit nostrificated documents, and the equivalence
scores, in cases when the grading system is different than in Macedonia.
Documentation is submitted in photocopy and originals are submitted for inspection.
Documents submitted by post must be notarized.
Incomplete applications of candidates will not be considered.
Application of candidates 12.9 – 28.9.2018
Further information can be obtained at the School of Doctoral Studies.
• Bul. Goce Delchev No. 9, 1000 Skopje
• contact persons:
– Violeta Langovska (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )
– Katerina Klimoska (e-mail: email@example.com )
• website: www.ukim.edu.mk/doktorski_studii
You can see the info here.
You can get Application form for students entering the third cycle – doctoral studies the academic 2018/2019 here.
This year, the Student Parliament of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (SPFVM) will organize the event ‘’Veterinijada 2018” that will be held in the period from 04th-07th of July 2018 at the “Congress Centre” of the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius, in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
“Veterinijada 2018” is an educational and recreational gathering for students from the Faculties of Veterinary Medicine in the region and beyond.
The main goals of this event are:
- Improving student collaboration from veterinary faculties;
- Increased interaction of professors – students;
- Expanding the educational horizon in the fields of veterinary medicine for the students;
- Enrichment of the past acquired knowledge and experience;
- Encourage mutual communication and interaction among students from different faculties.
Student Parliament of the
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Skopje
On 26 March 2018, a Memorandum of cooperation was signed with the Municipality of Gazi Baba in the premises of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – Skopje, represented by the Mayor Mr. Boris Georgievski and the Deans of the Faculties in the Municipality of Gazi Baba (Prof. Dr. Lazo Pendovski Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Prof. Dr. Icko Gjorgoski Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Prof. Dr. Vjekoslav Tanaskoviкј, Dean of the Falulty of Agricultural Sciences and Food, Prof. Dr. Zoran Trposki, Dean of the Faculty of Design and Technologies of furniture and interior, Prof. Dr. Kiril Sotirovski Dean at the Faculty of Forestry), as well as with prof. Dr. Klime Beleski, Director of the Institute of Agriculture and Director of the State Dormitory Skopje, Mr. Dario Nikolovski.
The Memorandum of Understanding envisages the development of strategic documents, studies, analyzes and transfer of knowledge to targeted groups in the sphere of agricultural activity and food, forestry, natural sciences and mathematics, veterinary medicine and veterinary public health, as well as cooperation in the realization of joint projects from various fields of interest of all parties and their application in front of domestic, European and other funds.
This memorandum reinforces and confirms the joint cooperation that provides better conditions for studying students.
APPLICATION OF CANDIDATES
30.08 – 31.08.2018
Required documents for application
● Application form;
● Decision on recognition of certificates of secondary education obtained abroad, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia; contact: +389 2 3140 102; (www.mon.gov.mk);
● original diploma for finished secondary education;
● Anotarized official translation of birth certificate;
● copy of passport;
● certificate of passed test in Macedonian language as a foreign language (TEMAK), issued by the Center for testing and Certifying Macedonian as a Foreign/Second Language (CETIS MAK) medical certificate, issued by the Public health institution – Health post of the Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje;
Required documents for enrollment
● 3 photos: 2 – (3,5х4,5) и 1 – (2х3);
● payment for the first term scholarship;