VetNEST (Veterinary Network Of European Student & Staff Transfer) is a regional association of European veterinary schools with the general aim of promoting free exchange of under- and postgraduate students, as well as staff members among participating schools. The network is founded in 1993 by the veterinary schools of Brno, Budapest, Košice, Ljubljana and Vienna. In 2003 network was joined with veterinary faculties of Zagreb and Wrocław, and in 2006 member of VetNEST became FVMS, together with faculties of Tirana and Sarajevo. Most recent VetNEST member is the faculty of Belgrade. Since 2004/2005 the international mobility is supported by the Central European Exchange Program for University Studies (CEEPUS), according applications made every academic year. Network members have annual meetings, where various modes of cooperation and projects are suggested, and further activities planned.
Currently, members of the VetNEST network are followed faculties/universities:
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
- Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent István University, Budapest, Hungary
- University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy, Košice, Slovakia
- Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland
- University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia
- Veterinary Faculty, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Tirana, Albania
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
For more information click here.