Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology within the eponymous department is a modern laboratory authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy of the Republic of Macedonia for pharmaco-toxicological analysis of veterinary medicinal products (VMP), aids and medical devices in the procedure for their registration and renewal of registration.
The laboratory is carrying out tests competently and independently in accordance with the modern achievements of pharmacology and toxicology, according to manuals and principles of good laboratory practice and according to the applicable monographs pharmacopoeias and validated methods proposed by the manufacturers, domestic and international standards and current legislation.
The laboratory carries out the following activities:
- laboratory testing of pharmacological and toxicological safety (VMP), homeopathic medicines, herbal medicines, biocide chemicals and medical devices for use in veterinary medicine;
- assessment, verification and documentation of an expert report for documentation, and expert opinion on the VMP in the procedure for their registration and renewal of registration in the Republic of Macedonia;
- monitoring of VMP (and their abuse) and monitoring of animal health and the environment in order to prevent exposure to toxic chemicals and minimizing the harmful effects;
- providing expert information about VMP, biocides and toxic chemicals in use in the domestic market and advices in the event of adverse effects and poisoning in animals of the same;
- Continuing education and lifelong education within undergraduate and postgraduate studies of FVM-S in the field of pharmacology and toxicology and realization of scientific researches in the same area;
- Participation in the preparation and harmonization of legislation in the fild of the VMP and medical devices with European Union regulations and the regulations and guidelines of international institutions;