The laboratory for residues and contaminants is performing examinations intended for control of food, feeding stuffs and water, also food contact materials safety as well.
- Analysis of residues of veterinary drugs (ELISA, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, HPLC-DAD, HPLC-FD)
- Analysis of residues of pesticides (GC-ECD, GC/MS)
- Analysis of presence of heavy metals and other toxic elements, microelements (ETAAS, AAS, FIMS)
- Analysis of presence of mycotoxins (HPLC-FD)
- Analysis of presence of radionuclides (γ-spectrometry)
- Analysis of additives (UV/Vis spectrometry, TLC, HPLC-DAD)
The laboratory for analysis of residues and contaminants is accredited according to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard, and is nominated laboratory for conducting of National monitoring program of Republic of Macedonia for control of residues and contaminants in food from animal origin, according to the EU Council Directive 96/23/EC.