Laboratory for Pathology and patohystology consists of two parts:
- Necropsy hall, and
- Laboratory for patohystology
1st Necropsy hall
- Autopsy of died animals;
- Identification of pathological and anatomical changes;
- Autopsy of abortions and determination the reason for their occurrence;
- Opening the heads of died animals and taking material for testing rabies or BSE;
- Identification of pathological and anatomical changes in forensic cases;
- Taking the material for further examination.
2nd Laboratory for patohystology
- Processing of collected materials for tissue examination (parafinization, cutting and coloring);
- Processing of collected materials for immunohistochemical, cytological or kriostating examination;
- Diagnosing of made preparations.
Modern equipments are used for parafinization, cutting and coloring of the samples. Besides the preparation of patohystological samples, immunohistochemical, cytological and kriotomic samples are prepared in the laboratory.
- Diagnosis of infectious diseases (classical swine fever, PRRS, BSE, etc.)
- Diagnosis of parasitic diseases;
- Diagnosis of tumors (oncology);
- Diagnosis of skin diseases (dermatology);
- Diagnosis of diseases of exotic animals;
- Experimental studies on laboratory animals.